Monday, September 1, 2014

When things get hard

** If you are immediate family I do not want to know if you came here & I do not want to chat about this blog in person. This is my safe haven, my journel of sorts. **

Ok so now that we have that out of the way... life has been rough on this trip.  The boys have been enjoying the beach & so have I.  Kevin has had to chase Dalton too many times to count.  Everyone has gotten a little water time.  Dalton had a taste of my lobster salad sammy & was not pleased! 

We went sight seeing too. We went to WHOI in Woods Hole & saw the fish & seals.  Dalton being Dalton spent all of 15 minutes in there... sigh.   They had a feely tank where you could feel crab & snails & some other sea creatures, he enjoyed it for a minute, 2 tops.  We have eaten a good share of donuts, had pizza, gift shopped, fought with Dalton in said gift shops (his compulsivity gives him the "I want to touch EVERYTHING as much as I can" trait.  We also just chilled in the house once or twice.  He got to watch TV & play on his IPad. (A note about these...I personally feel educational tv & educational apps are fine. ) I do "moderate" what he can watch/see, but yeah he can watch tv  movies at my house)  <----- Why I feel the need to explain I dunno.

Things have gotten a little crazy here at least once or twice a day, but that is par for the course with toddlers.  Dalton likes to investigate & got into all the games around the houe at one point or another. 

We are blessed to be able to take this trip & to have my parents let us say here, but it is somewhat getting long.  My parents are here now so maybe hubby & I can get a date night?  Or at least go out on our own to Ptown again tomorrow.  So I am signing off for the day, today was rough, but I am not prepared to talk about it yet.  A lot of clashing of parenting my kids. my mother feels one way & I feel another. While I am the mother, apparently my voice doesn't count around her... Had a good walk & a fairly good cry. I am just so frustrated, it has been this way since my kids came to me...    

No comments:

Post a Comment